Thursday, April 19, 2007

Adventures in Entrepreneurship

All my life I've loved to make things - for myself and for other people. I love everything crafty! When I became pregnant with my first son I started to take up scrapbooking. Quickly it has become and obsession. There are so many cool and fun tools, beautiful papers, unique embellishments and tons of creative ideas out there. Once I started scrapbooking I started to make greeting cards. Using the ideas in my head and inspiration from other's creations I have created some beautiful(at least I think so!) mini pieces of art! I love every step of the process from wandering around the scrapbook store looking at the hundreds of different patterned papers to gluing the finishing touches on the cards. With a lot of encouragement from my husband I have decided to start my own papercrafting business. I will focus mainly on greeting cards for all occasions. I am also going to try a few different things and see what people like and will buy. In the future I hope to expand my business and create unique invitations for events such as weddings, baby showers etc.

I am really looking forward to this adventure in entrepreneurship! I just need to find the time to really focus on this endeavour - no small feet with two little boys, two jobs and a house to look after ...

No comments: