Friday, August 22, 2008

Homesick for Japan

I've spent a lot of time lately thinking about the year I spent in Japan during High School. I made some incredible friends, saw and learned so many amazing things. I have been home for 7 years now and the time has passed so fast. I would love to return someday and show my husband and children where I lived and the places I fortunate enough to travel to and to explore new places as well. To tide me over I've been cooking Japanese food which is not such an easy feat seeing as ingredients are hard to come by here in Alberta!

Photobucket

I've also been able to incorporate Japan into a new wedding collection. This collection features a beautiful pink, red and khaki sakura print paper. I used Kanji "Fuku" meaning fortune, wealth, blessing, good luck, prosperity, happiness. This is the first kanji in Fukuoka, the city which I lived in.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Your products AND your blog are just delightful. You have quite an artistic eye. It shows in the composition of your photos. The best of luck to you!